The park is open each year from the 1st March to the 4th January.
Bookings can be made online here. Please note that at busier times of the season we operate minimum stays of a varying number of nights.
- In general bookings of one night can only be made for stays between Sunday and Thursday nights.
- Mayday bank holiday 3 nights minimum, Easter, Spring Bank holiday and August Bank holiday usually 4 nights minimum.
- From roughly mid May until mid September most weekend bookings will be a minimum stay of 2 nights however some weekends in July and August will see a 3 night minimum booking*.
- *If you are looking for a 2 night weekend booking in the main season of late June through July and August you will need to book well in advance. We always reserve a number of pitches for customers looking to book longer holidays and for those who may just turn up on-spec so to enable these customers to book their 5,7,10 nights etc we limit the number of 2 night bookings that are available. This is why sometimes the online booking will tell you that 3 nights is available but 2 nights isn’t.*
- Weather or ground conditions may also affect pitch availability at short notice, especially on grass pitches.
Wood Nook Caravan Park invites owners of touring caravans and motorhomes to enjoy a relaxing break in the Dales of North Yorkshire. Pitches are available on a per-nightly basis, monthly, and full season. Electricity is also available on all caravan pitches. We have special camping rates for hikers, please call direct to arrange.
Due to new fire regulations and the increasing size of tents NO gazebos will be allowed.
All extra vehicles (including day visitors) will be charged £3.00 per day/night, up to a maximum £30.00 per stay.
Monthly terms are also available - please enquire for more details.
Seasonal Touring Pitches
Seasonal/ long-stay pitches are available at Wood Nook for 8-month and 10-month seasons. These pitches are ideal if your tourer spends most of its time on the driveway and also if you want a break from towing. Electricity is included.
Accommodation for Hire
For 2016 we will have just one of our holiday homes available for you to hire for self-catering holidays. It has a comfortable modern interior and is connected to all mains services - electricity and gas are included in the price. Cutlery, crockery, pans, duvets, blankets and pillows are provided for your use. Although this holiday home is 6 berth, 2 bedrooms and a fold out double in the lounge, the maximum number of adults we allow to stay overnight is 4 as the 2nd bedroom twin beds are only suitable for children. Dogs and other pets are not allowed in this holiday home so if you have a pet allergy you'll know that this holiday home should be fine for you.
Prices are for 1 week arriving Saturday 3pm, departing Saturday 9:30am. Exceptions to this arrangement may be available late and early in the season, at short notice only (maximum 10 days in advance). Sorry no Pets at any time.
Prices quoted are for up to three adults plus children. Each extra adult - £5.00 per night or £25 per week. All prices are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate. Short breaks available March to May and October. June to September please check for availability.
FULL payment is needed when confirming a short break. For all other holidays a deposit of £150 per week is required no later than 7 working days after provisionally booking by phone. The balance is due no later than 28 days before arrival.
Caravan park facilities
A full range of facilities is available to visitors, including toilets, showers, washing facilities, children's play area, a fully stocked shop, pay phone and free Internet Wi-Fi.
As Wood Nook is a quiet campsite we do not accept group camping of any kind, including all adult groups, D of E groups, unaccompanied youths or more than 3 families together that know each other. If, upon your arrival, it is apparent that you are part of a group you may not be allowed access on to the caravan and camping park. Therefore if you think that we may consider that you may be part of a ‘group’ please ring or email us to discuss your requirements.